Welcome to the PatchBoard Forum for Patches + Boards! 😀
Latest News / Feeds:
- Mon, 27 May 2019 08:01:14 +0000: “I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself.”*… - Tips – Websites
The author of Robinson Crusoe, who dealt with ups and downs as an entrepreneur, also penned one of history’s most read business manuals: "Daniel Defoe’s hard-earned lessons on business and life"
(Plus- Believe It or Not Ripley)
- Sun, 26 May 2019 23:24:19 +0000: Share The Story That Will Stick in Their Mind - Tips – Support
Dusk settled coolly over the misty emerald vineyards in Napa Valley one fall evening. Through the window, I gazed wistfully at a thin stream of bittersweet chocolate sauce a waiter was ladling high over a raspberry-colored cake a the table of a hand-ho...
- Sun, 26 May 2019 23:07:23 +0000: Sayings for Making Life More Meaningful With Others - Tips – Support
Here’s to living a greater life and accomplishing greater things together than we can on our own: “It is only through disruptions and confusion that we grow, jarred out of ourselves by the collision of someone else’s private world with our own. “ ~ Joy...
- Sun, 26 May 2019 23:00:01 +0000: How a Coffee Event Attracts More People & You Can Too - Tips – Support
Some of the most masterful baristas in the U.S. gathered in a hotel lobby in Minneapolis for their annual competition, judged by their peers. But this year was different. More excitement.And pressure. Coffee growers, café owners and other baristas and ...
- Sun, 26 May 2019 08:01:25 +0000: “I like good strong words that mean something”*… - Tips – Websites
“One of my favorite words is lox,” says Gregory Guy, a professor of linguistics at New York University. There is hardly a more quintessential New York food than a lox bagel—a century-old popular appetizing store, Russ & Daughters, calls it “The Classic.” But Guy, who has lived in the city for the past […]
- Sat, 25 May 2019 08:01:18 +0000: “In the end everything is connected”*… - Tips – Websites
The underground network of microbes that connects trees—charted for first time: "Wood Wide Web: trees' social networks are mapped"
(Plus- the namesake of the dahlia)
- Fri, 24 May 2019 08:01:51 +0000: “No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother”*… - Tips – Websites
Proselytizing, pseudoscience, and shaming--all committed in the name of turning women into mothers: "A Brief History of Bullying Women to Have Babies"
(Plus- Helen Taussig)
- Thu, 23 May 2019 08:01:29 +0000: “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future”*… - Tips – Websites
Credentialed authorities are comically bad at predicting the future. But reliable-- at least more reliable-- forecasting is possible: "The Peculiar Blindness of Experts"
(Plus- Lorenz and Chaos Theory)
- Wed, 22 May 2019 08:01:38 +0000: “In so far as the mind sees things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity”*… - Tips – Websites
Music of the Squares: David Ramsay Hay and the reinvention of Pythagorean aesthetics
(Plus- Mary Cassatt)
- Tue, 21 May 2019 08:01:42 +0000: “‘For a while’ is a phrase whose length can’t be measured”*… - Tips – Websites
Once local and irregular, time-keeping became universal and linear in 311 BCE. History would never be the same again: "A Revolution in Time"